Thursday, August 2, 2018

Big Turkey

No not me... most of the time, I went to Big Turkey Lake this week. I really wanted to go to Lake Erie but the weather was chance of rain with thunder and lightning and I'm not willing to drive 2.5 hours for half a day.
So I made the smart choice (for a change) and headed to a lake that is 15-20 mins from me. The other main reason I chose this lake is, I know it is huntable. So I went to scout for the upcoming duck and goose season, of which they had plenty. I think I know where I'll be at least one day of early goose season.
Anyway back to the task at hand... fishing. The day started off very cloudy but the bass were hitting right off the bat. I didn't have any one lure that worked for me but I caught bass almost all day. Nothing big but they were fun.
 The morning was threatening rain until around 9 when it started to clear off and let the sun shine through for a while. I was just about ready to start trolling for the walleye they stock in this lake when all of a sudden the skies grew dark and started to rumble.... Then there was lightning... well gotta go wish I could stay, pack it up and head for the landing, just like everyone else with a trailer.
This storm kinda ticked me off cause it rained lightly all the way home and off and on for the rest of the day. Everyone knows I don't like doing anything in the rain but I would've stayed if I would've known the thunder and lightning was just a bluff.

No comments: