Thursday, July 26, 2018

trollin, trollin, trollin,

I ended up at Clear lake yesterday, for the first time this year. I got there late- I forgot my camera and had to go back- but it was still early enough. I got the boat put in and ready to go, it's getting easier the more I do it. I started out just outside the launch with some topwater. Only after I got there did I realize I forgot my topwater pole but I made do with another rod I had with me. I caught a small largemouth on top and noticed there were fish chasing shad up, so I moved out to try and catch the chasers. I did catch a decent bass chasing shad with a Johnson thinfisher blade bait, but couldn't get another to hit no matter what I threw. So I made the decision to start trolling. I brought my trolling rods and rod holders because there are trout and walleye in this lake. Well, I didn't catch any of the target species but I did catch a variety of fish. I caught a...
  I even caught a sunfish that was bigger than this crappie but he got off at the boat when I tried to land him.
I didn't really catch a bunch of fish but I only fished for 5 hours or so, and for that amount of time I thought I did pretty good. The reason I didn't fish that long as I normally would've, they beat the heck out of this lake. At times I had 1-2 footers and it was a no wind day. Anyway, I got in, caught my fish and got out so it worked out ok. I think next week, weather permitting, I might try Lake Erie for some walleye.

No comments: