Wednesday, July 29, 2015

2 lake bass bustin day

Did I mention hot I mean wow was it hot and humid. I think it must have hit in high 250 degrees yesterday but the heat didn't deter me from my mission. Since the silver has been hard to for everyone to find on the big lake I decided to hit a couple local lakes.
The first lake was Blue lake, even though this lake is really close to a smaller town the bass are really nice sized and fairly plentiful. The reason I picked the lakes I did was because they have plenty of lily pads. That being said I threw a frog almost all day, love to watch 'em smash that frog.
 This guy was a pretty decent fish, he had a weird sore by the upper side of his gill plate but that didn't seem to bother him.
The second lake was Crooked lake which is the same lake my buddy has his cabin on. I put in there and started fishing all the pads around the launch. Without much happening there I ran down to the opposite end of the lake and went into Penny lake. I threw all around that lake and finally on the way out this little bass choked the frog.
The funny thing about my time on this lake was I actually had a bullfrog try to eat my frog. I cast to him 10-15x's and he would chase it and try to eat it. I set the hook on him a couple times but couldn't get him to stick. If I could have we would be eating frog legs tonite.
After I caught this guy I headed out of Penny and motored over to my buddies swim raft, tied the boat to it and went for a swim. WOW did that feel good, the bad news was that after only 15 minutes of being out of the water I was starting to sweat already.
On the way out I hit the pads by the ramp and heard alot of birds squawking. When I turned to look I saw one of the birds had been forced into the water. I went over netted him, got him into the boat, dried him a little bit and released him in the boat. Within a couple minutes he was dry enough to fly off.
Another honorable mention bass was the last one I caught. In the back of the channel I once again had a bullfrog try to get my frog so I cast to him and while on the retrieve this bass smacked my frog.

No comments: