Thursday, August 6, 2015

Another double lake day

I've really been trying to get up to the big lake, but the reports have been really scarce. Without reports on how people are doing I find it kinda hard to just run up and drop lines. I try to have a game plan when I go up, with at the very least a starting depth and lure color.
Anyway I went to Max and Tippy yesterday, once again I caught fish but didn't really get into 'em.
I started at Max because it's the furthest lake. I got started at day break with the hopes of being able to look for my lure. Even though you could see 2 feet it needs to be just a little clearer. Anyway, these are the fish I caught: smallmouth,rock bass, perch, walleye, largemouth. The walleye was too small and I had to throw it back.
 Once the speed demons came out and I went for a swim it was time to move on. So I packed up and headed to Tippy for some white bass action. When I got there I couldn't believe all the eel grass in the water. It was everywhere and soo thick I could barely make a retrieve without getting some on my lure. Even with the floating headaches everywhere I did manage to catch a couple fish including this white bass.
This bass wasn't the only one I saw but it was the only one I got to the boat. I had many chase my lure all the way to the boat but didn't bite. So I tried changing size and colors, nothing seemed to work.
All in all had a pretty good day.

No comments: