Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Got what I wanted for Christmas

I was back out to the same field I hunted Christmas Eve, since I left without firing a shot. I had to wait all day but I was not disappointed, the ducks started first then the geese came out to play.
 (That was just a quick video, when I get a new powerdirector I will be able to make some better movies.)
Now if you saw in the video I was able to get 2 mallards, one dropped and the other one flew to the other side of the field and I had to chase him down. I finally got the drake and went to look for the hen. After one flock of ducks landing in the decoys and 2 flocks of geese wanting to drop in I finally found the hen. When I found her she was not where I thought she had landed she was actually 20 yards closer. So I didn't get anymore shooting but I did get both the birds I put down.
Today I went to a water spot I have access to, the water around here has mostly turned hard. I sat out in the first blizzard of the year until 1pm before I decided to pack it up and head out. I missed on some Goldeneye's early and when a pair of mallards came in I missed one of them, but the other came home with me.
I gotta clean the misses out of my gun so I can stop blasting holes in the sky.

One more day and my duck season will end in Indiana......might get a week in Arkansas??? hmmmm.......

No comments: