Monday, December 24, 2012

So sad

That's what my mom would always say after whatever I had planned didn't turn out the way I wanted it too. She never really sounded sorry though, like she just wanted me to think she felt sorry for me, Huh......
I went out Duck and Goose hunting today, since alot of the water has locked up, I hit a field I have had luck at.
I gotta tell you that I did get to the field a little late, and my best opportunity at a goose was foiled by not being ready in time. I was still setting up when I had 7 or so geese pass right over me, and all I could do is watch them.
Before I go any further let me tell you what the weather forecast was. I was supposed to have a decent day until around noon, then there was going to be snow then rain after 4 pm. Let me tell ya, they still haven't perfected forecasting the weather.
Around 1pm it started raining, which wouldn't be a bad thing except I forgot my raingear. I waited for a while and in that time it started freezing rain. By this time all of my decoys had a nice layer of ice on them, so I decided to start packing up. I had 3/4's of my decoys put in bags and all of them were lined around me ready to be put away when all of a sudden the storm lifted and it got lighter. That's when it happened, within minutes there were 25-50 ducks all around me, and once again all I could do was watch. You see one of the first things I had done was put my gun away to protect it from the rain.
It's said hindsight is always 20/20.
As I continued packing up all I could do was chuckle and say to myself,"so sad".

No comments: