Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year

I was able to get out on the 31st and the 2nd for deer, I did see 3 on Wednesday but they were pretty far. Deer season for me is now over, we had a late doe only season. I tried to get one more but it just wasn't in the cards for me.
So I did what I love to do, I went goose hunting. The sad news is today was the last day of goose season for me. Now I have to wait 2 weeks before I can go out again.
That being said I did get out today at a field that I just got permission to hunt. I have been seeing geese in this field for the last couple days, so I asked last night to hunt it today. They normally don't let people hunt, but I got the OK and thanks to them it was a short day for me.                                                                           More of the Highlights:


 Here's the pic
After I got my limit and started to break down my gear. I walked to the truck to get my sled and my bags, and when I came back out this is what I saw.
 This first bunch (top) took off then the rest left out (bottom).
Yep geese dropped into my spread when I walked out to get my stuff....... Man if I was a criminal I could have filled my truck bed today.
Awesome last day

No comments: