Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Late season Goose has begun

 With Wednesday Feb 1st being the season opener and since my trolling motor got fried. I was forced to finish this years goose season on land.
       -late season like early season allows 5 geese a day-
With the weather staying warm our geese just haven't come down. So we're forced to hunt the same stale birds that have been around town all winter. Now that doesn't mean that you can't still get birds. It just means that you have to work a little harder to take some feathers home. 
Last week I hunted a field that I have hunted 3 other times without even firing a shot.
Well all that changed, I also learned that this particular field is a bad weather or afternoon field hunt only. Now the reason I say that is the only geese I could actually work came in afternoon. I shot 2 geese between 5 and 5:20pm, the only other goose I got was shot in the morning. Every flock that came over during the day just didn't want to play the way they did later in the day.
I left the house at 6ish and didn't get home until 8:30 pm, as a matter of fact I was informed I only had another half hour before Sarah called the cops to go look for me. It was worth it since I got to burn some powder and left the field with some geese.
Only 2 short

No comments: