Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Goose is winding down

So what do you do when waterfowl starts winding down? Well you find something else to hunt, I chose to go after some fur, namely coon.
Since last week I have been out on 2 nite hunts and one daytime hunt. The first nite hunt didn't net me anything, I didn't even see a set of eyes. The first daytime hunt grounded 1 coon with 2 more just peekin' out of their den trees.
Last nite my buddy Nick and I went out on a full moon for a coon hunt. Now I have never done well on a full moon, last nite was a good change of luck. Nick thinks it was all him, and to tell you the truth I won't argue cause we brought home a coon apiece. Unfortunately we didn't have any come into the call, we saw ours spying from the treetops.
I took these pics with my old camera (I left my new one at home)
  
Nick with his coon
Next week goose opens for a couple days, I will get to hunt one of the days. Then it's probably coon til the end of the month, late goose comes in for the first 2 weeks of Feb.
Then it's all done til next year. So sad.   : (

No comments: