Sunday, August 9, 2009

Update

Well 2 weeks ago found me at 2 lakes. I started at Round Lake and really hammered the bass I caught 23 within 4 hours. Nothing of size but still alot of fun to catch. So since I had quantity already I thought it would be nice to catch some quality. So I picked up and went to Blue lake,(it's not really blue). Now I caught only 3 fish here but I caught 'em on a scum frog which is always fun. The biggest was a 6 pound monster that I caught on the scum frog off a point from some lilly pads. Now the good part is this is the biggest bass of my career. The bad news is, it was threatening rain all day so I didn't bring my camera. No pic, no kudos, no happy smile sooooo sad.


Does everyone remember stumpy??? You know my tomato plant that the deer almost ate all of. Well he's really been coming into his own. Come to find out it was the cherry tomato plant that made it. We've been getting 6-8 maters off him 'bout every other day and man are they good.




This past Wed. I finally made it up to the big lake. I Fished for 12 hours and was able to put 3 fish in the box. I went 3 for 3 wich means I made no mistakes and had no misses. Yea me.
I well got lines set a little NW of the gong in 50 fow went N-NE to 80 fow. Hit a 7 pound king in 60 fow 55 down on a NPN lemon ice glow on a slider. 8 pound coho on a mag SS mr freeze 50 down 40 back in 70 fow. and a 6 pound King on a dipsey #0 set on 3 at 200' back on a mag blu grn metallica in 50 fow. Thanks for all those who answered my previous post. Running a dipsy definately helped put one more in the boat on a day that would normally have me fishing only 2 rods. All spoon bites I cleaned 2 D/F rigs for 4 hours and kept washing one for 8 hours. Nothing hit a D/F all day. speed were between 2.2-2.6 GPS. Had a great day, pretty rough start but it laid down some by the afternoon.


By the way anyone thinkin' bout tryin a lead core or dipsey? I personally would go with the dipsey. I've seen a couple stories were the lead core actually wore through at the rod tip and .......yep lost gear. The other bad thing with lead core is in order to get it off the back of the boat you have to put a board on it. Also generally speaking you have aaaalllllloooootttttt of line out and when you get a fish on there's not much fight. I'll stick with the dipsey, put a lure on it drop it back 150-200 feet and drag it all day no sweat.

My fishes

These are the lures I washed on Wed. The three at the bottom are the ones that brought the bite.





No comments: