Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2nd to last outing (maybe)

Ended up at Maxinkuckee this week. It was a pretty cloudy day and I worked for the fish I caught but I did manage some nice fish. I casted for most of my fish and when the wind started kicking up I trolled for a while. I was trolling the wind washed side of the Lake. I was following the 15-20' depth range when all three rods doubled over. That's the good news, the bad news is, in my haste to get to my fish 2 came unbuttoned. The walleye I actually put in the boat was a shorty. So I marked the spot on my GPS and just kept tracking over it trying to redeem myself to no avail. I did catch several smallies and some perch and a sunfish. I fished from 8 am (rain delay) until 10:15 pm loaded the boat and headed for home. Here's just one of the jumbo perch I caught.
Only 2 weeks until dove and early goose open...... :)

No comments: