Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Freeman Lake

This is the first trip to Freeman this year. I got a rather late start -up at 3:45 on the road by 4:40 and got there after daybreak. Now in my rush I realized I forgot my camera's. Small set back but not a huge problem, now the last lake I was on was the big lake. When I fish LM I always do what??? yep take out my trolling battery. Guess what I forgot to put back in my boat. Yep that's right my battery, fortunately I carry an old spare that runs all my electronics. I used a cable I made to run the juice to my troller and I was in business (for a short time). After my tired old battery gave up I switched to trolling with my kicker. Before I started trolling I caught a couple cats....blah...and a 3#drum. When I was trolling I continued to catch the cats but added a walleye and a decent crappie to the catch. Now the last two came home with me and volunteered to be dinner. They were delicious.
By the way the walleyes' not small the crappies' big.
Well I got three lakes I've been thinkin' bout goin' to next week. I'm not sure which one it will be yet, but I'll be fishin' one of 'em

No comments: