Thursday, September 5, 2024

Sept. 1st until yesterday

 Since neither I nor Cliff got drawn for the dove hunt, we decided to go to a friends property. Now he doesn't farm for doves and didn't say he had them in abundance, but if we wanted to get out beggars can't be choosers. So, Cliff and I went out on the opener, got to the field, started setting up and promptly watched the first dove fly by. Needless to say I felt pretty optimistic, long story short we saw more birds than I thought we would, but only had a handful of chances and only put one bird down.
Yep all morning for this little morsel. Cliff said he had a good time regardless, so I guess it was a win.
 
Tuesday I was feeling a little sick so I stayed home and slept. Wednesday the public property opened up to everyone so I rolled out picked a field and had a pretty good time. There were still alot of birds around and my shooting was pretty good.
Yesterday I went back to the same field and didn't shoot near as good. The couple of good shots made up for all the misses. I only got 3 birds but I'm well on my way to a dove dinner. Already know what will be for supper that day.... dove and duck poppers with some turkey tenders all dropped in the grease.
Man does that sound good, I'll send pics....
dove count: 9

No comments: