Thursday, September 19, 2024

As promised

 Last week started with a little goose scouting that ended up looking like this.
Yep, all Tom turkeys.
Tuesday ended up a little better, I found 60 or so geese in the front yard of one of my landowner's brothers.  After a text session between the brother and myself, he ended up giving me permission to shoot it the next morning. 
There was only one safe way to shoot this and that was to literally put my head up to the driveway and only shoot South.
I was a little worried the geese would be a no show, only because they are not very patternable in early season. They however did not disappoint I had a flock of 10 or so come in first of which I dropped 3.
I had my camera all set up but missed the first flock, and when the next started in I didn't want to miss them. So, I tried to get the camera going from the time I first heard them til they started landing. Since I couldn't get the camera recording and I had geese on the ground I decided to fill my limit. I shot 2 out of that flock, however I sailed one into the beans that I couldn't find.
So with my "limit" I packed it in and headed for the house.
This is the only goose hunt I had during early season but it was a really fun hunt.
 
 This week I got some much needed work done around the house, got my boat cleared out and had the motor worked on. I also made time to do some fishing.
Next week I'm going to test run my boat.... and do some fishing. Put the boat up for sale and get my decoy trailer pulled out and ready for season.
October 1st starts deer season and then turkey comes in on the 16th with woodcock coming in on the 15th and duck and goose opening on the 19th. 
Lotta goings on next month.


No comments: