Thursday, September 26, 2024

I had to take the boat out 1 last time

 Let's start with Monday which was suppose to rain off and on. I decided to do some projects around the house that needed done. Including filling my new/used "gun" safe with my ammo, thereby making it an ammo safe. With bow season opening on the first I thought it might be a good idea to go out and look at my stand. So I waited for the rain to stop and headed over. 4 hours later I had the saplings all cut, overhangs cut and new pipe insulation on the shooting rest. Ready for season..... 👍
 
As you may already know I was having engine issues on the boat. When they all started my "buddy" said he would get it tuned and sell it, as it really isn't what I need. When I built the boat I made it to cast and troll and what I have found out is I do alot more trolling on big water. So I followed his advice and got it stripped and tuned. I had to take it out to test the motor and see how it ran.... it ran great. 
When I was thinking about where to go I decided on someplace close just a run out and back kinda place. I went 15 minutes from the house on Jimmerson lake which connects to Lake James. James in a big lake with alot of 3-5 foot humps to fish, and I hit a third of them.
I didn't catch any big fish but I caught A BUNCH of them, and it seems for every fish I caught I had to stick myself with a hook, not past the barb but it still stung. 
Here's a couple of the "bigger" one's.
Anyway it wasn't about the fishing, which was a blast, but more about the motor. Now I gotta get my gear out of it, vacuum it, clean the hull and get some pics to list on Facebook.

No comments: