Thursday, May 23, 2024

Almost left

I got up at 2am Tuesday and was out the door by 3 on my way to Lake Erie for the first time this year. I looked at the posts from the weeks past and had an idea where I was going to start. When I was on the way out I passed over some decent hooks so I slowed and started the troll. Little did I know that after I  had such good sign to start on that I wouldn't put a fish in the boat until after 2:40. 😵
Then the second wouldn't come until 3:01 and the last fish I took an hour later, but he was short so he went back. I've always said that you don't fish on Erie you catch, and if your not catching your doing something wrong. 
I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. The determining factor to me staying out was I used a lifeline and called Ronnie to let him know what was going on..... He had some suggestions to which I put 1 into play and not that soon after I caught my first fish. 
I ended up trolling for 10 hours and this is what it looked like.
don't mind the waypoints I have been dropping those for years.
These are the lures that I used.... went through my whole box of "good colors".
After boating my 3rd fish I called it a day, got packed up by 5 ran back to the dock and loaded up.
Fixin' to fry those 2 up in a little bit along with some turkey nuggets......😋
 Not sure what I'm doin' next week, since it's Memorial day weekend, but I'm hoping to put the boat in somewhere.

No comments: