Thursday, March 14, 2024

Made some progress this week

 Headed out twice this week to continue the quest for Turkey sign. 
 
I covered most of the property and found some sign but not alot. I don't know if the birds are on the decline on the property or if they just haven't come out yet this spring. 



 
 
 
 
 
I have noticed a shift in the land usage on property, seems to be an decrease in planted fields and an increase in allowing them to go back to natural grasses and such. I don't know if that is the issue but it does stand to reason that if their is less food, the carrying capacity is less. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
IDK, however I have decided as my A plan I'm going to put in for a southern draw. I'll keep the close property as a plan B. Then if that don't work I also have a plan C,D and and E . So with the draw going on now and turkey season starting in about a month I'm ready.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Saw these guys to...


 Now the cleaning report... 
I did get alot done this week even though the pic doesn't really show it. I got my decoys put away, which was most of the mess, and the rest of my hunting gear put into the trailer for summer storage.

I also got my trailer put on the pad on the side of the garage for the summer. The kayak is a new addition to the garage this year. When I helped my neighbor with the tree cutting he gave it to me since he and his wife got a new Hobie. So now I've got to figure out a good place for it, so it's not in the way all summer.
Wow as I'm looking at this pic I see the clutter? in the back of the garage.... I don't need that cleaned or cleared but I'm going to work on that this summer. As long as I can get the boat out I consider it mission accomplished 👍.
 
So, next week I still have to install my new batteries and charger in the boat, and I'll probably head south in the search of more turkey's in case I get drawn.

No comments: