Thursday, February 22, 2024

still on the hunt....

 Monday was suppose to be the coolest day of the week at a brisk 45 degrees. Once again I made the trek South about an hour and made over a dozen sets, only to walk away without seeing a coyote. I did call in some crows, woodpeckers and some hawks, still no coyotes. The coolest part of the day was right near sunset. I was making it in to my last stand site and walked up on 4 does and 3 small to decent bucks feeding in a field. I let them feed out of the field without bumping them. It was cool to see them and get to a shooting distance without them knowing I was there. 
Next week will be the longer run, about 2 hours to my favorite public spot.

Oh yeah by the way....
totally worth it.....👍
I could smile but couldn't show teeth, so this is what I got

No comments: