Thursday, February 8, 2024

Seasons winding down

 Well I'm sure your curious about last Thursday.... 
Jake and I set up on a temporary pond in a bean field. 
Notice how Jake isn't in the water? I'm laying in ankle deep water..... He thought that was funny.

I say temporary because it only appears after alot of rain or a good melt. Anyway after we had both there were plenty of geese there so we threw out a spread and waited.... and waited.... had a 4 pack work great ๐Ÿ‘. We were standing up talking...๐Ÿ‘Ž. So we waited some more, we were noticing flocks of migrators going back North then this happened.
This is Jake's second goose with me, don't think he's shot any outside of that. ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ข
 Well today is Thursday I was going to be goose hunting today but I got done very late yesterday and got home even later. So yesterday I went blind back out West and I gotta tell ya there were alot of geese out there. I didn't know it in the morning but it was the last day of my goose season. I don't feel bad about it it's been a long season shot a lot of ducks and a lot of geese. 
Yesterday I got two,
still have a rough time with a selfie
The bad news was I only had one flock that worked right, the rest of the shooting was marginal. ๐Ÿ˜ก
 
 
next up is coyote season starting next week I guess I got about three weeks of that. I should be able to hopefully get about 6 hunts in if I go twice a week, so we'll give that a try
 
 
 I ended my season with a total of 38 geese and 23 ducks on the waterfowl year.

No comments: