Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas hunt?

 I'm not sure you could call it a Christmas hunt if it was the day after, but I'm going to anyway. I finally found a bunch of birds in town on Christmas so I ended up going there Tuesday. It turned out to be a really nice day, medium wind, cloudy, and warm. Warm?? yeah it was 50ish, so it was way too hot but I still went. I've noticed in this spot the ducks get out early and usually don't come back til near dark. So, I've been trying to get there a little early so I can have a shot at some ducks before they disapear for the day.
 
TO SEE THE VIDEO GO TO THE BLOG, click on the blue link on the bottom.
 As I've noticed videoing my hunts, usually the GoPro was not recording for my best shots of the day. I shot 2 ducks and a goose off camera. So I ended the day with 3 geese and 3 ducks, until I found the goose I sailed on the last volley. Then the total was 4 geese and 3 ducks for the day.
  The time right now is 4:22 am and I'm set up to hunt this morning. I'm getting a jump on this so I won't be so rushed when I get home. 
 
Now off for my last hunt of the year....
Well that was a bust. 
I got to the lake I wanted to hunt and there were 3 trucks in the parking lot. So just to make sure they were in the spot I was going to go to. I drove around the other side of the lake and sure enough they were setting up right off the point. With the wind direction the way it was that's the only spot that I had, so on with plan B. Plan B was to drive back to the lake across from my house and hu.... crap there's a truck in the parking lot and they're setting up on the island. I could've dropped in and set up in another spot but I only had 20 mins til shooting and I figured with the rain I could stay in today. So I'm sitting here finishing this and listening for them to shoot, I haven't heard anything yet and it's been shooting light for a half hour already. 
Maybe I'm not going to be missing anything.

No comments: