Thursday, December 21, 2023

Making up for last week

 Question: Why is it that when you have your alarm set for 4:00am and you wake up at 3:00am you feel fresh and revived. But you have your alarm set for 4:00am and only get 7 hours of sleep if you sleep till 4:00am. So you force yourself to go back to sleep wait for your alarm to get up at 4:00am, and now you're tired.
Monday was snowing and blowy so I stayed home and did nothing just relaxed. Tuesday I went to one of my spots in Fort Wayne, I thought it was going to be a great day. It was cold, it was cloudy and then about 8:00 the orange thing popped out. As we all know, it made my quick shoot an all day sit. I had one flock come in at 5 minutes till shoot done. I did go three for three so by the time I got them gathered up my alarm was going off it was time to stop. Which was fine because like I said I did get three geese. I started to pick up and I had three more geese come in and sit down on my decoys. If I would have just had five more minutes I could have had my limit of five, but three was good.
 
 
I got all my prework chores done yesterday so I got to go hunting this morning. I didn't get anything but had a good time trying. I was going to go home early anyway but God let me know when I should go home.
At the tree tops reflection in the water is the skim ice that was encroaching on me. By the time I got half my dekes up, the wind had push the ice against the other half and into the reeds.

No comments: