Thursday, November 16, 2023

Kinda took the week off

 EXCEPT for Monday, when I could be found back at the field I hunted last week. The birds weren't as kind to me as they were last week. When they took off to go feed they flew right over me and headed East, of course before shooting time. I did manage 2 mallards which?... was OK, again the geese flew right over me twice. 
 Tuesday I had every intention of taking the day off and I did, Wednesday I hunted the river and didn't even see a duck. This morning I was going to hunt across the road but somehow my alarm got turned off and I woke up at 7am.
Next week I was going to hunt the geese from the same field on Monday. But it seems I'll be helping put some tarps over corn piles down South for one of Jake's work buddies. Then Tuesday to whenever, I'll be helping Bill get rid of the wood that we cut and brought up to the road.
So my next week is kinda shot, then clean up for pheasant starts the weekend after Thanksgiving, so not sure when I'll get back in the field. 
Now I feel sad.😢

No comments: