Thursday, November 23, 2023

Busy week

 GOOSE is back in.... I went to the same field I've been scout/hunting the past couple weeks because I have had a flock of 12 or so geese by it every day I hunted it.....
watch the video to see what happened.
I knew I was going to be helping Bill with his wood dispersal on Tues. so I didn't even look for a place to hunt. The loading and removal of the wood went super good it only took 2 and a half hours. Of course it was rainy and misty for the first time in weeks. But all went well and after it was over I cleaned my gutters, showered and headed to town to find some geese. 
Boy did I find the geese. 
Since I hadn't been seeing many out East I went West to scout. Well, long story short after I let the landowner know, my plans were set. The field I was going to be on had ducks and geese so it was possible to get a double limit.
I got there late, (of course) rushed to set up and shot a mallard only minutes after shooting time. The geese waited until noonish to show up but when they did it only took me 20 minutes to get my limit. Then I just hung around for some ducks which I ended up 1 short of my limit but it was a really nice day to be out.
 

 Hey, by the way...
Happy Thanksgiving 
I hope everyone had a special day.

No comments: