Thursday, September 21, 2023

Twofer

 Well another fishing season has come to an end, but before I put the boat away for the year I had to scout a lake I want to hunt. This is a lake I had scouted once before and deemed it unhuntable, but since it is so close I decided to take another look. I fished cast around the whole lake looking for a spot to set up and finally was able to find a couple spots for Eastish winds, so kind of a win there. I didn't stay long only a couple hours and didn't catch anything.... at all.... nothing.
It wouldn't be a twofer if I didn't go out again.... so I made the longest pilgrimage of the year to Lorain, Ohio to fish Erie one last time.
First let me say the launch at Lorain was the worst I have seen on Erie. 
The sign at the entrance said it was 4$ to launch and the sign where you put the money in said 5$, I erred on the side of caution. The actual launch was not very wide and the dock was in much need of repair. The bathrooms had a push button lock on the door and the code was posted (why even have it locked) but the deadbolt above the push button lock was locked. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ก 
As my Dad would say,"I just made two trips in one, first and last"
The best part was the..... na there wasn't really a best part the whole launch process kinda sucked. Anyway enough about the launch, let's talk about the fishing.... I chose this launch because I could get to deep water quicker and try to catch some deep eye's. I started at 30' on the North side of the breakwall and caught my first and biggest eye of the trip by 9:39am. 
Then I trolled around FOR HOURS caught 3 shorts from 30 to 37' and a cat at 46'
Sorry bout the pic but the camera died after this one. Again pics just don't do this beast justice, I didn't weigh it because I had it out of the water for a while but I did measure it at 28 1/2". It fought hard I thought it was a goo but when I first caught sight of it, it started to look like an eye. Only when I was ready to land it did I see it was a cat. 
So to recap 1nice keeper, 3 shorts and a cat, after 10 hours of fishing.... If there's ever a reason to end a year, that would be it. 
LET THE HUNTING SEASON COMMENCE......

Oh wait...... the best part... I put off getting gas in Ohio because the cheapest I found it was 3.59$ and I left Angola with the price of 3.42$ so since my truck can make the round trip I held out getting gas. I looked there and back for a decent price on gas. Since I didn't see any I had faith that when I got home I could fill up cheaper.
WRONG...... 
apparently in the 10 hours I was fishing gas became more valuable than gold, and I HAD to put a half tank in for 3.89$ a gallon.๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
 
If it comes down to 3.85$ I'll fill it up. ๐Ÿ˜‚

No comments: