Thursday, July 20, 2023

Why I had to fish 12 hours

 I got up and out on time again this week, I even remembered my fishing poles. I got to the launch all fueled up and ready to go out and concur some new areas. I started where I left off last week, after a 2 hour N to S pass with no luck I headed NE of Kelly to start prospecting. I started just N of Kelly and within an hour or so I had 2 16's in the box, with a 19 not far after that. I trolled a while hooked up a couple more times, but with less than stellar net work I lost 2 right at the back of the boat. It took me a couple hours and 3 or so gaspergoo's, but finally was able to boat 2 within a couple minutes of each other. 
What's a gaspergoo???
That's a gaspergoo- AKA freshwater drum
Then another lull when I looked at the clock it was 6pm and I started contemplating how long to stay, when my back rod fired. When I stared fighting the fish it felt like another gaspergoo, so I haphazardly started horsing him in. When he got close enough for me to see him I saw a really good walleye. So I cut the motor and gingerly coaxed him into the net, finished off a long day with the biggest fish of the day, and with that I started wrapping up and headed to the launch.

No comments: