Thursday, July 6, 2023

Forgot about that

 With the influx of people on the water because of the holiday week I opted to head to a lake that has a slot for water-skiers. That lake was Skinner lake, which I like to hit at least once a year. They have been planting muskie in there for a number of years. This lake isn't the best muskie lake in Indiana but it is the best one with no wake until 1pm. I also have caught a couple really nice bass there. So after I get too tired to chuck muskie lures I can go froggin' for bass.
I got there and launched just as the sun was starting to come up. 
I knew I was going to use this as my home screen or I would've taken a better pic.
 Anyway I chucked muskie lures until the sun got up and it started to get warm. Then it was time to switch to bass, as soon as I grabbed my froggin' rod a wave of dread rushed over me. I didn't remember when I left the house but I did as soon as I went to cast... The reel that I've been using as my froggin' reel and have for as long as I can remember just stopped reeling last year. 
So there I was without the reel to fish for bass, I immediately started to think I was going home early.
 Then I thought... I've got 65# braid on my muskie reel, what the heck I'll just switch it out and use that for the day. Which is what I did, I stayed 'til 1:30 and switched back and forth from froggin' to muskie chuckin', only scoring in one category.
It wasn't a big fish nor was it a even close to what that lake has to offer, but at least I didn't get skunked.
As soon as I got home I looked online for a replacement froggin' reel.... it should be here next week.

No comments: