Thursday, December 30, 2021

This week in a nutshell..... fog

 With only a week left of duck season Monday I was in Fort Wayne, hoping to put a couple more ducks in the freezer. Not the case... it started out pretty foggy and only got worse.
 I was able to put a couple geese down and only had to chase the one 75 yards before I caught him.
After the high of success on Monday I decided to keep the ball rolling and head back to Fort Wayne on Tues. My landowners soon to be son in law was visiting from ND and asked if he could go with. I didn't have a problem with that the only thing was I wasn't going to be getting any sleep in the blind. The other problem was I think Josh was bad luck. The ducks and geese that were in the air wanted nothing to do with us. The only thing I can really blame it on is him being bad luck. 
Wednesday I worked and did my shopping for the week. 
This morning I took the boat to a lake close to me to try for some more ducks. They all left out before shooting time, they must've known I was there. I only had 2 geese come by the first one had some other place in mind to be. The second showed up 5 minutes after I decided to pack it in. He came in just a honkin' and lookin' for some friends to hang out with. When he noticed the dude in the water standing next to the boat in the middle of the spread he just kept going. Oh yeah and did I mention it was still kinda foggy?
Only got one more day for duck season and that's Monday, I even double checked the regs. I'll probably find myself back in Fort Wayne trying for a limit or sleep which ever comes first.

No comments: