Thursday, December 16, 2021

windy, warm, and rainy

 That's been the weather report here for the last couple days. I had an invite today to go out to my buddy's and try for a deer but the weather is warm and super windy. Hopefully I can get a raincheck and head out on Monday.  Yesterday I was in my magic 5 and watched squirrels all day. I only have one more day left and that day is Monday, for whatever reason the muzzleloader season ends at the start of the week, good for me.
Now the other thing that was "good for me" was Monday.
She's a 95# doe so she's not huge and I would really like to put another one with her to get put me in meat for the next year. 
Monday's my last day.... I am sick and tired of deer hunting and it makes me sick to think of all the duck and goose hunting I have missed. 
Lesson learned this year... I AM NOT A TROPHY HUNTER.. I am a meat hunter and will not pass a decent buck again any time of the year in the hopes for a bigger one later. 
You might need to remind me of that before next Oct. 😉

No comments: