Thursday, March 11, 2021

Week #2

 Monday was a pretty lazy day, started off with no plans and ended up changing the configuration of my Lake Erie rods. I got rid of the shot of lead core I had on them. Last year I had decided to go to all inline trolling weights because I felt the lead core deadened the line enough that it was hard to see if the lure was fouled with weeds or a small fish. So I pulled off the lead core and flipped the braid around to get another couple years out of it. Tuesday I got the decoy trailer cleared out and loaded with all the goose decoys that were in the garage. I also cleared out enough in the garage to get the wheeler in it. Wednesday I cleaned out the garage (including some sweeping) enough that I can now walk through it without cursing. Today I got ready for my work week by making sammiches, doing the dishes, and I got the grill out for some salmon and brats for this weeks supper. 
Next week will be all about getting my new downrigger bases on the boat, and mounting my trolling motor. The only thing I will have to do after that is to get my fenders back on the trailer. For some reason there's a weld that keeps breaking. I had a buddy weld them 2 years ago and they need done again before I run into fender problems. 
The welds look the same on rest of the them so I took them off last fall. I'll bring them to Jake to fix next week, and after I get them back and on the trailer I'll be ready to do some fishing.
 

No comments: