Wednesday, May 15, 2019

and mowed the lawn

Yesterday was the fishing day for the week. I headed over to L.M. cause I heard they were boating some really nice Kings. With no one able to make it this week I packed the boat and headed West to tangle with some salmon. For the first time this year, I actually made it to the landing on time and got on the water by sunrise. Of all the days to make it to the lake on time I think I picked the coldest, it was 37 at the launch. I put in at Michigan City and set up out front of the mouth of Trail Creek and headed West. It wasn't too long before I had my first hit/coho since I was by myself I was running one rod deep with a slider for Kings and 2 on top for coho. Well, I didn't get into a King but did have a shaker Coho on the slider. All of my fish came off the 2 top rods, pulling an orange maglip and lime green thinfish.
The good news was I caught my limit, the bad news was the drive took longer. I had limit by 10am, so there I was packing it up and heading East before 11am, got home in time to clean the fish put the boat away, eat and even get the lawn mowed.
I really don't care for "cooler pics" but with no bragging board, it's better than putting them on the asphalt for the pic.
P.S. it slicked out and warmed up nicely.

No comments: