Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Erie take III

Like I always say, "you can't fish all day if you don't start in the morning". I fished all day, only to come up 1 short of my limit... again. I started the day with a swing and a miss, as soon as I was setting my second rod my first rod fired, by the time I saw it that fish was gone. It only took a couple minutes for me to set my second rod and have it fire after I missed the first one. I went 5 for 6 with that fish being the only one getting away.
So, a limit has still evaded me on Erie, looks like I'll have to keep going until I can manage to catch a limit. I really thought it was going to be easy this time since I geared up for Erie- AKA- spent a ton of money on lures and reels. Also since it was so easy last time to catch 10 in a matter of hours and all the shakers we missed. I guess I just got spoiled. That's ok though I like a challenge, especially if it means I get to fish more....
That little dink on the right.... well that was the last fish of the day. I caught him 5 minutes to 7 I had my alarm set and decided to be done at 7. I figured that would give me enough time to get the boat loaded and mostly home in the daylight. I was pretty happy with him cause when I boxed him I thought he was my 6th fish until I pulled them out for the pic. 😂😢😢😢
yep still only count 5
  So, I finally got the boat loaded and was on the way home when my phone rang. It was my mom and she asked where I was. I said I was on my way home from Erie, why? Well, she says, your grama passed peacefully this morning.
Mom has been telling me for a couple months that gram wasn't doing well, she had her good days and bad. But it's been months and each day that passed made me hopeful that gram was holding on until I got home to see her. Mind you, she didn't know when I was coming home, she didn't even remember who I was. But that didn't matter, I knew who she was, she was my gram and I Loved her. My last goodbye was my last goodbye, you never know when your last goodbye will be, so let the important people in your life know they are important while you can. As for me, I know my gram knows she is loved and will be missed.
Bud and Bea Reed ... my grampa and gram

No comments: