Thursday, March 7, 2019

The start of boat fixit month

Once the boat is done I will get the hunt numbers for the year out.
I only worked a couple hours on the boat this week, it was a bit chilly in the garage so I heated the garage with my kerosene heater. The kerosene I had was super clean burning and had no smell, needless to say, I ran out and had to get more. I got the wrong stuff and wow was that a mistake, it was smelly and gave me a headache. So I got some more of the same stuff I had for next week.
Anywho, even with only working a couple hours-6 or so in the two days. I did get quite a bit accomplished here are the pics.
Day 1:
got the whole floor riveted down

got the front piece of aluminum on and ready for the front deck.
Day 2:
measured and cut out the hole in the deck for my chair base

got the rest of the decking on and riveted in under the back step
I didn't get a pic of it but I started running the electrical i.e. setting up the battery charger and figuring how I want to do my battery box/housing.
 Even though I got the whole deck on I will wait to get the linoleum on until it warms up outside. I need the heat to be able to role out the linoleum and for the glue to cure better. I'm still undecided if I am going to do the same for the front deck. I got my carpet for it last week but I might wait until it's warmer to make sure the glue sets right.

No comments: