Tuesday, May 29, 2018

tune up

I went out and did a little fishing today. Reggie couldn't make it, apparently, his family is more important than fishing....whatever.  I made the short trip to "my" lake and thought I would just go for some bass and walleye again. Well, when I got there I noticed they really tore up that lake over the weekend. With no wind, the surface was just littered with seaweed. So after some carefully planned casts, I started to get into the bass. I was in the same spot I fished a couple weeks ago. I didn't catch as many fish this time out, however, I did catch a keeper walleye.
If you look to the left of the steering console that is the lure I caught the walleye on. Yep, it's a spinnerbait fished mainly for bass and pike, I think this walleye is one of them- I identify as a bass- kinda fish... you know confused.
Now since this is the week before I leave for vacation and I have decided to do more fishing for musky this year. And the last musky I caught hit the deck before the pics and the release. I thought I needed something to hold my catch safely until I can get stuff around for the pic. So I built a BDL- Big Deployable Livewell. When I rebuild my deck on the front of the boat I am not going to keep my livewell. I'll be able to use my BDL all summer.
 Here's the pic.
I'll tie it off to the boat with the red and white ropes the dimensions are 4'x1' and a little over a foot deep, that should hold the average big pike or musky comfortably until I'm ready for the pic.

No comments: