Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Payin' dues

Well since I've had my boat fishable, I've had it out twice. Once on an area lake and yesterday I went up to Lake Michigan. Well not only did I get to the lake late, when I got up there I noticed my cooler wasn't in the boat.😱  I was pretty certain I put it in the boat, however, it was not there when I arrived. Well after a quick brainstorm I decided that if I caught a fish I would put it in the live well and head in for ice. So, with that part of the problem solved, next was to launch and try out the reason for all the gear on the boat. I must admit it worked awesome, I was able to set the trolling motor on autopilot and let the kicker do all the work. I was out and trolled for 8 hours and the kicker only used 1 gallon of gas, and my trolling motor which runs off a 24v system still had plenty of charge to go the rest of the day. The big motor still continues to impress me and the boat doesn't leak a drop. The boat thoroughly impresses me, I am very happy with not only the boat but the gear that's on it.
Whenever I've been in the outdoors, and the buddy I have with me starts to question his sanity in whatever the current season is. I always tell them that they have to pay their dues to accomplish their goal-i.e. catch fish, shoot a duck, goose, turkey, deer ext.
 I also live by the fact that dues must be paid. If the fishings' slow- dues must be paid, if the hunting is slow- dues must be paid. I am here to say that I think I have paid the dues for this year. I've been out for literally 16 plus hours working hard the whole time trying to just get some slime on my hands. I have yet to land a fish this year. It's a sad state of affairs let me tell ya. So in closing let me just say that I didn't catch a fish yesterday- 4 hours on the road- 20$ for gas- 22$ in tolls- I lost a thumbscrew for my downrigger, which I need to replace and oh yeah, I gotta go and get a new cooler, cause mine blew out of the boat (leash it or lose it).

Man, I gotta say: I Love Fishing..........

No comments: