Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Dues are paid

It was supposed to rain all week but today turned out to be an awesome day so I thought to myself.... self, I've got a lake 5 minutes away. So I packed the boat and headed to the launch on Crooked Lake. I had a little issue launching (it's only the 3rd time I've launched this boat) but with the help of a guy at the landing, I got 'er in the water. I thanked the guy and headed out to a spot I had fished before. I got to the spot and my mind was racing about which lure I should try first.... crap I left my tackle bag at home. So back to the launch, load up the boat, make the 5 min drive home grab my bag and head back to the lake.
Rewind:
It was supposed to rain all week but today turned out to be an awesome day so I thought to myself.... self, I've got a lake 5 minutes away. So I packed the boat and headed to the launch on Crooked Lake. I went out to a spot I have fished before and low and behold the fish were still there.
Yeah, he wasn't huge but it is a fish. I was able to catch a number of bass nothing of any size but they were all fun to catch.
 I swear that hat reminds me of the hat Tom Petty wore in the "don't come around here no more" video, but it's comfy.
 I only caught one walleye and he was a couple inches short so he went back. I'll catch him later this summer. I started fishing around 10 and fished for a couple hours. I think my bad luck on the last 2 outings stemmed from starting out the year by bringing a buddy from work with. It took a whole trip but I think I got the bad juju off the boat so it should be smooth fishing the rest of the year. Sorry, Reggie but I think your bad luck...😜

No comments: