Wednesday, January 25, 2017

rain, warm, rain, snow....

Monday Sean and I went to one of my water spots because it's been sooo warm and rainy, the fields around here are just mud. We had a couple geese play the game and 3 of them paid the price. I only shot one and Sean got 2 which doesn't really sound that good but it was a good time.
this kid can't keep his eye's open
forgot to get a hero pic so just got a pic at home....











Tuesday promised the same wind and cooler temps with the chance of sun. Well the chance came through for about half an hour total through the day. The good news was I filled my 3 bird limit at 9am. The bad new was I still stayed until noon. Here's why... when I was out getting my third goose I looked up at a four pack that was passing by and saw something out of the ordinary for around here. There was a snow goose right in the middle of the formation. So since it was early I thought I would give hang out for a while and see if I could add to my limit.
Yeah there's only three there so in hindsight I should've just gone home. Oh well, it was a pretty nice day and I did see alot of geese even though all I could do was call and watch.

No comments: