Wednesday, November 23, 2016

couple days and one duck

I went out on Monday to lake #2 and had some hard fought luck..... I was set up and hadn't seen anything (besides the geese that are not in season) all day.
The last two geese are real
Until I watched a dozen or so ducks land across the lake from me..... I waited until I was ready to go then off to the other side of the lake to see where these ducks were going. When I got over there, there was a walkway through the cattails and on the other side was an opening with beaver cut stumps and muskrat huts all over. Then I saw the ducks after I saw them I took one more step and they flushed; 3 shots later I had 2 drakes down. Then the hunt was on...it was really thick with cattails back there. The bad news is I only found one, the other one must have put his head down and snuck off. I looked for at least a half hour for the other duck with no luck.
 When I went back on Tues. I looked again for that duck. I didn't find him or any live ducks to add to my game bag. Don't be too sad though.  I did see 4 muskrats and one mink on Tuesday so at least a mink or coon will get a good meal out of my misfortune.

No comments: