Thursday, March 3, 2016

The end of another season

Well what can I say..... I had a very enriching season. From the new company I'm keeping, to all the bands I brought home. This was a pretty weird year because of the weather. I didn't get out as much as in years past, however I did take advantage of the weather when it did decide to cool off. Since it was so warm we really never got a good push of any kind of waterfowl. But as I said when we did get some cool weather I took full advantage.
Like yesterday, the temps were supposed to be in the mid 30's all day and Mike wanted to take me to his properties to do some coyote calling. Usually I am done hunting as soon as March hits but Mike wanted to go out with me to see how I do it and see if he was doing anything wrong. So I showed up late (by my standards) and we packed my car with gear and took off to put some fur down. We only made between 4-7 stands but midway through the day we hit pay dirt. The bad thing was when we set up I had Mike just off to my right and a little in front of me. When I lit the fire and threw the lead down range I really rang his bell. I'm not sure but I bet his ears are still ringing.
 Sorry Mike - my bad.   : )
So with the last hunt in the books here are the totals for this year.


            2015  Hunting Season Breakdown

Species    |  Days Afield  |  Number of Critters Taken

  Turkey                  3                           2
  Deer                      3                           0
  Dove                     2                           9
  Rabbit                   1                           3
  Pheasant               1                            0
  Coon                Did not hunt/no fur market 
       Coyote/Fox           4                                 1  
              Waterfowl                  41                 10 ducks/35 geese

Total                      55                          60

 

So as you can see I didn't have a banner year either with days afield or with my take home. However if you add up the good times with friends and the jewelry I got it was a very very good year. I would like to take this time to say thank you to all the landowners who allowed me to use their property this year.

Forgot about this but here's the movie from this year: videos too big so.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXg2pULFmiY


 

No comments: