Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Early start this year

We've had some pretty warm temps the last couple weeks and with that the fishing bug bit a little sooner than expected this year. With the promise of low waves and light winds.....
 I called everyone I could think of to see if they wanted to go fishing. Since no one could make it I left by myself at 6am, yes I was late on arrival at 8:15 am. Since I was late I just took my time and got all my gear ready, I finally hit the water around 9:30am and started my troll. Well I had to fish almost all day but I did go 5 for 8 which isn't too bad when your manning the boat and catching the fish in the confines of a river that is probably 30- 40 yards wide. With the wind and the waves the way they were I was able to troll the river out the mouth and to the break wall just on the other side of the lighthouse break wall.
 The only bad thing that happened was one of my speakers wasn't working..... gotta fix that. : (
here's a video of my would be limit fish......
 I lost that fish because my net got caught on a bolt at the end of the roller.
 By the way, thank goodness, I did get that speaker fixed.

No comments: