Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bow season opener

Well Oct.1st was Indiana's bow opener and this is how I spent my day.
My buddy sold his property and the guy that has been farming it bought the property. He has been taking out fence rows since he bought it and this year the last one came out. The bad news is that was the one with my stands in it, so I am now a displaced bowhunter. So I actually had a chance to try all the great fishing that I have been missing out on. So far I would rather be bowhunting, however I am sure I will change my tune when I can start waterfowl hunting after the 19th.
When I was fishing I noticed a little green grasshopper on my depthfinder right in the morning. That little dude stayed with me all day, either on my depth finder or my trolling motor. He tried to commit suicide once, I rescued him from the depths of Tippy and he stayed with me the rest of the day.













when I got back to the ramp I let him go





















Since my wife is loving she let me go dove hunting on Wed. I went down to Huntington and this is what I found.
I had to wait until after 11am until I could see anything. My shooting was really bad but I did bring home 4 birds. I saw alot of birds but they are really skiddish. I suppose that will happen if someone has been trying to shoot you for the past 2 months.
Well I always have next week, and it will pretty much be a repeat of this week, with the exception of more fish brought to the boat and more birds brought home.

No comments: