Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wind and Rain no Ducks and a Pheasant

Last Tues started out with flooding everywhere. I hooked up the boat and headed out to one of my favorite late season lakes. When I got there I was soooo unimpressed with the wind and rain I just turned around and headed home.
Wed found me on a field that I have been seeing ducks and geese on. However this would be the second time I have hunted this field and the second time I have scored a big goose egg.
Thurs I went down to Huntington and got in on the Pheasant clean-up. I met a guy with a dog down there and I hunted with them most of the day. The Brittany pointed a hen that he got and flushed another that we didn't have a shot at. Rusty was getting sooo bored by 1 pm that he started pointing mice. I thought that was pretty amusing, Brian however didn't think it was soo funny. Anyway after they were done I went to a couple of my spots and was able to find a nice bird. It was the only one I got but he'll taste just fine.
MMMmmm crockpot pheasant

No comments: