Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Always a week behind

So as the title says this is for last weeks adventures.
I got an invite up to a property that Weed has permission to hunt. He said there were hundreds of ducks on a couple small ponds in the middle of a field.
As it is the waterfowlers' curse the ducks wanted to be on the pond that we were not set up on. We did have a flock work really good, we didn't shoot hoping for another pass, of course there was not another pass. So we missed out on them, we did get another flock to come close enough for a shot. Eddie (a friend of ours) and myself dropped 3 mallards (Weed shot holes in the sky).
Sorry about the pic, we had to drudge through 2 blocks of mud with our gear to hunt where we hunted and everyone was too whooped to think about taking pics.
Wednesday I went to hunt some water hoping for ducks. I got a chance to take some geese, thankfully I didn't miss because it was the only chance I had.
goose limit, 0 ducks
Thursday I spent the first half of the day in a field that usually holds ducks and geese all season. It didn't however have so much as one flock pass over on the day that I hunt it. That's ok I needed the exercise anyway.
This week, I mean yesterday I went up to a public property for a walk around looking for deer. I saw 3, not one offered me a shot so I went to Tom's today. At 10am I saw my first deer, she came out of the fence row about 200 yards away. I was hoping she would come closer but she decided to go back into the fence row at 150 yards.
Last day Hail Mary, I let loose and hit the ground about 10 feet from her. I am sighted in at 100 yards so I put it on her back and let'er fly. Oh well at least I have one deer in the freezer, I'll have to wait til next year to get another deer.
Tomorrow is goose hunting I'll let'cha know how it goes.

No comments: