Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2 day total

Weed called last week and said he had hundreds of geese up on the poo pond. He invited me up for a goose hunt on Tues. The only thing we had working against us was the absence of the sun and with an East wind that would have made all the difference.
As it turned out he had the geese, but they easily picked us out, and choose to go to another spot for the day. We had plenty of calling, but only a few chances to bring some slobs down. When the smoke cleared and the gear was put up, we had a bird apiece to show for our day.
Better than getting skunked.

This morning I was greeted with thick fog and a little rain. As I was going to the ramp I actually missed the turn and had to go back. I got to my spot and set up late, but with the fog it really didn't matter.
I had a couple divers come by early when it was still all fogged up. Then it started to rain, happy day, I hate hunting in the rain. The good news was with the rain came some clearing of the fog. As soon as the fog started to clear I heard a honk, game on.
I had 10 birds coming in and they were not going to change their minds. In fact even after I shot, I had geese landing just outside of my decoys. Anyway, I shot my limit and started packing it in by 9:13 am, as my wife said," it took you longer to set out and pick up you decoys than it did to shoot your limit".
I had to agree.

No comments: