Friday, April 8, 2011

My 2011 fishing season has begun

Well as with years past I started at L.M. this year. It was not the best start of a fishing year, I was greeted with fog and clouds. I casted at The Port for 3 hours without even a bump, one fish had been caught that I knew of. So I decided to go to Bass Pro (which still doesn't impress me) and pick up some needed items for this year. Bass Pro was just closer than the Cabela's store in Hammond 5 min compared to 25 to go to Cabela's, next time I'll spend the extra time. After Bass Pro I went to get some breakfast, I had forgotten my lunch box so I had a nice meal at Denny's. With all that taken care of I was itchin' to start fishing again so I went to the walkway at the mouth of the ditch. Their were 4 boats trolling the mouth and I had reports of fish being caught so I went and got my gear. After about 4 more hours I had lost a good King and landed a decent Coho.
Well that's all for this week I am hoping to get out again next week and will probably end up back at the Ditch. I'll try again to get some video, the hard part of that is getting the fish to bite on cue.

No comments: