Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Growing goose calls

Well even though I was grounded this week (impending garage sale) I did manage to finally finish my first goose call. I have been working on it for a while and finally finished it today. I started with a block of wood and a pillar of plastic and turned it down to what you see here. The barrel (top part) is marble wood and the insert (bottom part) is mica pearl. I was able to find a set of green Foiles guts on ebay so I put those in for the sound. The band that's on it is from a guy named Ron Gould, he laser engraves the bands and has different scenes you can get on them. The other bands I have are wider and have geese on them. I have already started my insert for the next call and will probably get some walnut or kingwood for the barrel. As soon as it is done I'll put it up here. It takes me some time to get one done because I only work on it once or twice a week, and only for a couple hours.So it will take a while but I'll post it when it's done.
Just in case you're wondering, this call sounds as good (I think) as it looks.

No comments: