Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happiness is 2 matched sets

The calls from Left to Right are: Smoke/Max-4 - Straight Meat Mallard and Straight Meat Honker, Chartreuse/Blue - Straight Meat Honker and Dead Meat Mallard.
The last piece of my completed perfect sets came in today.
I started my "collection" with the specially ordered Char./Blue Straight Meat Honker. I bought it back in 09' and ever since I bought that 1 call I knew I needed more.
The reason is: these are the best sounding, easiest calls to use that I have found.
Since I had just started field hunting I knew that was the perfect excuse....um... reason to add the calls needed to complete my sets. So I picked up the Smoke/Max-4 Straight Meat Honker. After that I got the Straight Meat Mallard used, for half the price of new. Yes I washed it thoroughly.
Finally to finish out the set I ordered the Dead Meat Mallard, and it arrived in the mail today.
I would Love to say these calls are the "magic calls" that all waterfowler's are looking for. You know, the ones that call in every passing duck and goose with just one breath of air.
I know that's not going to happen, however with some practice I can certainly tip the scales in my favor.
So as this season passes and I anxiously await next years season. I'll be watching "the tapes" just as I have in previous years. I'll get as much practice as I can, without driving my wife insane.
Speaking of my wife I should probably say Thank You, for allowing me to continually indulge my hobbies.
Thank You Sarah
I Love You

No comments: