Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Long hard road

Well finally got out deer hunting for the first time after 4 days of wind and rain. Got off work yesterday at 2:30 p.m., after getting my stuff ready I got to my deer stand at 4:05. I was on stand for what seemed like days (3 hrs to be exact) when what do I see but a corn stalk moving.....there's very little wind. After what seemed like hours (15 min to be exact) I caught a glimpse of my buck. He was walking slowly along the fence row, when he got to the corner of the corn he looked down the edge. He neglected to look up, I had my bow drawn and waited for him to clear the corn stalks. As soon as he cleared I loosed my arrow, he gave the tell tale good shot kick, ran 30 yds and went down. I wish I had my camera going, the video would've been awesome. Regretfully, I didn't even think I would see a deer let alone take my biggest buck off this property to date. The bestest part is the pressure is off, I might go out for muzzleloader or maybe even another bow hunt (the video will be recording) but as of right now the only thing on my schedule is waterfowl.



Sarah loved the crime scene at the top of the driveway.













Is it possible that after a lifetime of hunting I have no more dues to pay?????



No comments: