Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two lake day

Well started at Nyona Lake this morning. I treat this lake like Lake James, I go there once a year just to make sure I don't like fishing there. As it turns out I still don't like Nyona, I started going to this small lake (109 acres) 4-5 years ago. When I found out they stocked wipers there I decided to fish it and low and behold I caught a wiper. So now it's one of those lakes that I gotta go to every year hoping for a repeat. So anyway I caught a couple bass here on the old standby rocket shad. I fished Nyona til noon then picked up and headed North to Max. I was on Max for an hour when I caught a small smallie and hooked up a nice sized smallie, that I didn't land. I thought it was the start of another great day on Max. Then the wind started to blow, that didn't help at all smallies hate dirty water. So I tried to get on the up wind side and still catch fish and it did work just not very well. I managed 1 smallie,1 perch, and a largemouth with 3-4 sdr's. Sorry no pics today as it spit most of the day.
Not sure where I'll be yet, but I'll stretch a line somewhere.
Til next week, tight lines and be safe.

No comments: