Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The past week and the last two days

Gloom, Despair and agony poor me. Yep sure seems like the deer know my game plan, last week my schedule looked like this-Sat. and Sun. work mornings, deer hunt from 3:30 pm to 1/2 hour after sunset. Deer hunt Mon. morning work Mon. at 2:30pm til 11:00. Tues. and Wed. off hunt both days mornings and evenings for deer. Thurs. hunt morning for deer work 1pm til 9:30. Fri. work 6am til 2:30 deer hunt 3:30 til sunset. Whew I'm whooped. Now I've seen a number of deer and yotes and nothing has given me a shot opportunity.


Yeah I know I said I was going to stop when Duck season came in, just couldn't do it really need to stick a deer. So no yote huntin' til I get a deer.


This was MY opening morning Duck hunt (yesterday)




Goose isn't in right now.


Which leads me to the reason behind the intro- I've got 2 stands 75-100 yrds apart. Well for the most part I always hunt out of stand #1, waiting for a NW wind to hunt stand #2. Well I've hunted that stand only twice this year. I watch deer come and go at that location on a daily basis. The second time this year I've hunted that stand was last nite. I was sooo happy to finally get to hunt this stand that I was practically giddy....... until I watched a 10 point walk practically underneath stand #1. Yep if I would've been in my #1 stand I would've been done deer hunting and had a great deer.

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony poor me.


This is my second day of Duck hunting




Goose is still not open


Isn't this the way it always goes?


Well I was able to scratch out a couple ducks today. 1 woody, 1 ringneck, and 1 drakemallardpintailhen.





No comments: