That was how this early season started and closed for me... Dove opened on the first, and for the first time in 25 years I missed the draw.... don't know how but I did. So I sat out last week's dove opener and then goose opened on the 5th, which was as we all know, "a day of work", so I sat out on that also.
I was getting good reports of geese from one of my buddies I hunt on so after work on Sunday I headed over to see for myself. I watched the neighbors set up and shoot a couple, but the magnawad just wasn't there. So I took Monday off with it being Labor day and everyone being out.
Tuesday I did this...
That was the beginning and the end of my early goose season... I was going to go again last night but I got really lazy after the dove "hunt" had yesterday morning.
Speaking of dove hunting I walked all the fields on Tuesday morning and they were all crap but one. So I walked to the far end and waited. I ended up with 2 doves that field was also the field I hunted Wed. morning and "saw" 5 birds. So to end the early season I got 1 goose and 2 doves... I'll be fishing for the next couple weeks, then the boat goes away.

No comments:
Post a Comment